Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Function
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission came into being on October 1, 1953 with the merger of Andhra Public Service Commission and the Hyderabad Public Service Commission existence after the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh on November 1, 1956. The commission is governed by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Regulations, 1963.
- Conducts examinations for appointment to the various civil services of the state.
- Provides advice to the government on
- Methods of recruitment to civil services posts
- Principles to be followed while making selections of the candidates and, promotions and transfers to civil services and posts.
- on disciplinary matter concerned with the civil servants
- claim made by a civil servant with respect to the recovery of expenditure incurred by him/her in defending himself/herself in the court of law against the legal proceeding initiated by the government for not execution of his/her duty.
- Beside the above mentioned the commission also conducts the following:
- Departmental Tests in May and November
- Entrance examination for for IMA, Dehradun in February and August.
- Supervision of temporary appointments in Government Departments
- Advises the departments for regular appointments through the Commission in place of temporary appointments.
The terms and conditions of service of the Chairman and the Members of the Commission are governed by the A.P.Public Service Commission Regulations, 1963.
Initially the Commission had a Chairman and three Members but subsequently the strength of the members was increased to nine. Presently there are 5 members.
Dr.Y.VENKATARAMI REDDY B.E.,Ph.D.
- Khosla Renuka M.A.,Ph.D
- Tale Bhadrayya M.A.,B.L.
- T.Devendra Nath M.Sc.
- Chintham. Venkat Reddy B.A.
- B.R.K. Raju M.A.
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission